“ We did the bamboo rafting trip, it was an experience we will remember for the rest of our lives.
wananavu was absolutely top drawer.”
Whilst wananavu is all about relaxation and slipping into Fiji time, there are many different activities available for the sporty, the energetic, the inquisitive, the culture vultures. Check the board in reception daily, glance through your in room compendium and daily Davui News or have a chat with the boys down at the Activities Bure.
- The tennis court, the kayaks, the snorkel gear are available all day everyday free of charge.
- There are daily snorkelling trips to the inner and outer reefs. In the afternoon how about a gentle game of petanque or challenge yourself to wananavu Frisbee Golf!
- Over the week you can expect various talks from our local sage on the history and culture of the region, herbal medicine & the Fijian tree of life - the coconut, amongst others.
on the water:
- The Bligh Waters offer some superb fishing opportunities. Our knowledgeable boat boys can take you daily in search of Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Giant Trevally, Snapper & Barracuda. (Sailfish and Marlin are in the area but no promises made!)
- For the less adventurous an afternoon of handline fishing with a chilled Sauvignon Blanc or a cold Fiji Bitter is the perfect way to watch the sun go down!
- The Island Discovery takes you on a guided whistle stop tour of the three Nananui Islands, see the homes of the nearly rich and not quite famous!, a stop for some fabulous snorkelling all bundled up in some local gossip.
under the water:
We run tours inland to the local area on most days.
- Narara Waterslide Tour - visit a village, be entertained, experience the kava ceremony, walk through the rainforest to a 20ft waterfall and slide down it into a heart shaped pool. wananavu!
- Barotu Bamboo Rafting - let the villagers of Barotu take you on their bamboo rafts down stream amongst the giant mangrove; sit back & relax and listen to the birds and watch the kids at play in the river.
- Suncoast Tour - a guided tour around the area including a visit to a village, the famed Church of the Black Christ, the town of Rakiraki, the local sugar mill and the tomb of the last Cannibal Chief Udreudre.
- Tapa Making Class - visit a local village and learn the art of tapa cloth making. Practise your newly learnt skills and take home your very own made piece of tapa.
- Shopping in Rakiraki - there may not be that much to buy but a visit to our local town is a must for those wanting a glimpse into everyday Fijian life. Bright colours, noisy shops, traditional market and kava stands, open air buses, out of date stock - an eclectic mix of Fijian, Indian & European influence.